If your an iphone lover like myself, you are constantly looking for new and interesting apps that make your life a little easier. To save you the trouble of searching, I have found some of the best nutrition/fitness apps offered so far:
1. Good Food Near You: This app is great for those of you who are health conscious and constantly on the road. The app allows you to type in your current location (or track your location automatically via GPS) and will then recommend nearby healthy food options. It categorizes food based on distance, lowest fat, calories and carbs. It even allows you to view other options on the menu! The best part of this app? Its FREE!
2. Fitnio: This app uses GPS to track your choice of exercise whether it be walking, jogging, running, or cycling and provides you with basic fitness-related information about your workout such as mph, calories burned (based on your body weight and height), and miles completed. What I love best about this app (besides that it is free) is how easy it is to use. You can also track your fitness progress at http://www.fitnio.com
3. B.iCycle: If your favorite way to exercise is cycling this is the app for you. For a price of $9.99 (a little steep if you ask me) this application tracks the distance, time, calories burned, and speed of your rides. It even grants you access to mapped bike trails based on your GPS location.
4. Nutrition Menu: At a reasonable price of just $2.99 this app is the “largest freestanding nutritional information database on the market.” You can search for over 79,000 food items and discover their calorie, fat, carb and fiber content without even connecting to the internet!
5. iBody: This app recently recieved the Mobile Award for best app in the Healthcare and Fitness category. It allows users to stay in top shape by recording weight, blood pressure, pulse rates, and BMI. Depending on what your health concern is, the app useful for a variety of people ranging from those trying to maintain a healthy weight to those wishing to maintain a healthy blood pressure level. My only complaint about the app is the rather expensive price of $9.99, but I guess you can’t really put a price on health.
If you guys know of any other health/fitness/nutrition based apps (or even fun and interesting iphone apps in general) feel free to comment and share them here!