When you think about the holiday season, what comes to mind? To me, holidays mean family, friends, shopping, good food, and of course Starbuck’s holiday cups. However, it is also in this season that we tend to put our health on the back burner while we indulge in various holiday drinks and desserts. Though, I encourage you all to enjoy and take part in the holiday festivities and meals, I also encourage you to become aware of what you are putting into your body during these times.
During the holiday season, various drinks such as eggnog can contain enough fat and calories to make up for an entire meal! To make your life a little easier, and to save you the trouble of looking it up for yourself, I have gathered a list of Starbucks’s holiday drinks that you should try to avoid this season.
1. Tall Pumpkin Spice Latte with Whip: 300 calories, 11 grams of fat
2. Tall Caramel Brulee Latte: 270 calories, 5 grams of fat
3.Tall Eggnog Latte: 370 calories, 17 grams of fat
Surprised at all by any of these? I sure was. Keep in mind that these are all Talls, imagine what the Venti contains (ah!). But don’t worry, I have also come up with a list of holiday drinks that won’t give you a heart attack:
1. Tall Skinny Hazelnut Latte: 90 calories, no fat (this is one of my personal favorites!)
2. Tall Steamed Apple Juice: 170 calories, no fat
3. Iced Tall Nonfat Gingerbread Latte: 120 calories, no fat
4. Tall Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino Light: 120 calories, .5 grams of fat
You can check out the rest of the Starbucks Nutrition facts on their site: http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/nutrition?drink=all#drink=all&page=3
Photo By <a target=’_blank’ href=’http://www.flickr.com/photos/66208256@N00/2092989435/’>Esparta Palma</a> via <a href=”http://stockpholio.com/” target=”_blank”>StockPholio.com</a>