After my 11 mile run this morning I needed to replenish the 800+ calories I burned quick! To go along with the beautiful weather I decided a smoothie was the just the ticket! This smoothie, along with plenty of water, was the perfect post-workout drink!
Berry Protein Smoothie Recipe:
- 1 Cup frozen berries (I used the frozen berry medley from Trader Joe’s. Frozen berries keep the smoothie cold so you don’t need to add ice!)
- 1 Cup Vanilla Almond Milk (I used the light version, but you can substitute regular milk, rice milk or soy milk, go crazy!)
- 1 Vanilla Greek Yogurt cup
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein powder
- A sprinkle of chia seeds (this is optional)
Blend all the ingredients together and the smoothie is ready to drink! Next time I might add a handful of spinach for some extra nutrients. If you don’t like vegetables, combining spinach or kale in a smoothie is a great way to hide the veggie taste, but still get those nutrients. I promise you won’t even taste it!
What is your favorite smoothie combination??