Many people often underestimate the importance of sleep. With our busy schedules and hectic lives we begin to view sleep as more of a luxurious activity rather than a necessity. What many people don’t realize is that sleep is essential to living a healthy lifestyle. Chronic lack of sleep can lead to high blood pressure, obesity, memory loss, fatiuge, reduced concentration, and even weight gain. According to the National Sleep Foundation, it is suggested that adults get around 7-9 hours of sleep a night. With this amount of sleep, getting up in the morning shouldn’t be the worst part of your day. Here are some helpful tips to finally getting a good nights sleep:
1. Establish consistent sleep and wake schedules.
2. Create and begin a relaxing bedtime routine an hour or more before you go to bed.
3. Finish eating at least 2-3 hours before your bedtime.
4. Exercise regularly.
5. Your sleeping area shouldn’t be too warm.
6. Warm up your feet with socks can help with a more restful sleep.
If you know of any other sleeping tips feel free to comment and share with the rest of us!
Photo By <a target=’_blank’ href=’http://www.flickr.com/photos/91695677@N00/3745664484/’>Helga Weber</a> via <a href=”http://stockpholio.com/” target=”_blank”>StockPholio.com</a>